Recipe- Marinade time!
Do you feel it? The sun is going down a bit later each evening, and the deck is calling you. It’s grill season! With that in mind, Chef Jonathon shares a couple of marinades that are perfect for summertime grilling. Grab yourself a good steak and fire up the grill!
1 ea flank steak, approx. 1 ½ lbs, cleaned of silver skin
1 cup Red wine vinegar
1 cup Olive oil
6 ea Garlic cloves, sliced thinly
½ cup Sugar
1/2 cup chili powder
1 Tbs ea: granulated garlic, thyme, smoked paprika, oregano, black pepper
2 Tbs salt
- Whisk together all ingredients except flank. Rub flank and let marinate 2-3 hours
- Grill to desired temperature over a HOT CHARCOAL fire
- Let rest 10 minutes, slice, and go to town
Marinated Beef Tenderloin
2 cups Molasses
½ cup Balsamic Vinegar
3 Tbs. Fresh Ground Black Pepper
2T bs. Garlic, minced
1 Tbs. Shallot, minced
1 Tbs. Ginger, fresh, minced
1 tsp. Dry thyme
1 tsp. Red pepper flakes
4 ea 8oz. Filet Mignon
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and let stand for 30 minutes.
- Add beef tenderloin and marinate in the refrigerator for about 4
hours, turning occasionally.
- Grill to desired temperature.
**Note** You can also take a full cleaned tenderloin and marinate
the whole thing, then just cut steaks from that. This method would
be good when serving 6-8 guests or if you’re just really hungry.