Maple glazed sticky buns
(makes approx. 2 dozen rolls)
Danish dough, one sheet, 17″ x 25″
1 pound unsalted butter, whipped
1 Tblsp. Ground cinnamon
8 Tblsp. Granulated sugar
1 cup pecans, chopped
1 cup maple syrup
8 ounces melted butter
- If the dough is frozen, allow it to warm slightly, but not too much, if too soft it will be difficult to roll, if too frozen, it will crack!
- Whip the butter in a mixer with a paddle attachment until very soft and spreadable. Spread the butter evenly over the entire surface of the dough with a spatula.
- Combine the sugar and cinnamon in a bowl and sprinkle over the entire surface of the dough.
- Tightly roll the dough evenly into a log. Wrap the dough first in plastic wrap and then in foil. Refrigerate overnight to set up.
- The next day, combine the pecans, maple and melted butter in a bowl and spread on the bottom of a baking pan, Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F. Remove the rolls from the refrigerator, remove the foil and plastic, and slice into 24 pieces. and arrange in the baking pan.
- Bake the rolls for 12 minutes, rotate the pans and bake another 12 minutes until done. Remove from oven and allow to cool on a rack.
- Turn out onto a platter to serve. Enjoy!