Our staff is our family and our guests quickly become part of that same family. Which means the current COVID-19 scare hits us at the core as we look to do what we can to protect everyone in our ranch family. So, what are we doing to manage the ever-changing situation?
We made the difficult decision to cancel stays for the rest of our winter season on March 17 so the ranch is now closed. This is to protect our staff and our local community as well as not to contribute to possible risk to our guests due to exposure traveling to and from Routt County.
Our office is open from 8-5pm during the time we are closed down.
For better or worse, the fact that we shut down the ranch for the mud-season in April and May, works out well this year. We may be unrealistic but are erring on the side of optimism that by mid-May, when the staff are scheduled to return for orientation, the worst of the virus will have passed and we will be able to proceed with our summer season as planned. But we balance that optimism with a strong sense of obligation and responsibility to closely monitor the situation as it unfolds in our country. At this point, we are planning on opening for our summer season on May 31 to kick off the start of a wonderful summer. Knowing that right now there is much uncertainty that life will be returning to normal by that time, we have adjusted our cancellation policy for our June, July, and early August guests to a 30 day cancellation window to give our guests the chance to ride this out a bit longer before being committed to their vacation. Please understand that for guests with confirmed stays this summer we will do our best to take care of all of you while also managing our business obligations. As we learn more, follow the spread or watch it diminish, we will adjust accordingly.
Please feel free to contact one of the three of us if you have concerns you would like to share with us.
Ben Martin, Steph Wilson, or Charlie Cammer