Some people just love Christmas, and some dread the holiday with all the expectations and pressures. Want to know how to have a relaxing yet festive holiday? Spend the week at Vista Verde Ranch and enjoy a Christmas vacation without the stress! One guest put it well to me recently when she said, “We give each other photographs instead of stuff for presents.” In other words, let the year be the year you make memories with those you love instead of giving gadgets.
What does Christmas week at Vista Verde look like?
- Arrive at the Steamboat/Hayden airport where we’ll be waiting to pick you up in a ranch Suburban.
- Settle into your luxury accommodation with a fridge stocked with drinks, snacks on the counter, and then light a crackling fire in your wood burning stove as the snow falls outside.
- Sit back at dinner while our friendly and attentive staff treat you to an amazing culinary experience.
- Soak in your hot tub with a view of the stars before snuggling up under your cozy comforter for a long winter’s rest.
- Wake up refreshed and ready to get outside and play in the snow.
- Following a hearty breakfast in the Lodge, head outside with a guide to try back country skiing or snow shoeing. Or, hop on a horse to ride in the snow or take a horsemanship clinic in the indoor arena. Or, giggle like a small child as you zip down the tubing hill before being pulled back up by a snowmobile. Or, join our talented chefs for a wine tasting or cooking class. Or, there’s a kid’s program, yoga, and the list goes on!
- Sing carols around the roaring fire in the Great room at night.
- Create home made decorations with your family to decorate the trees out in the yard.
- Take a sleigh ride with jingling bells…..yes, this is the time to break out into that song.
- Indulge in a bountiful feast on Christmas day with all the guests and staff to celebrate the joy of the Christmas spirit.
- Relax with your loved ones in your cozy cabin to reflect on what Christmas means to you, and savor the quiet moments.
- Head home at the end of the week refreshed, recharged, and full of memories.
Christmas week at Vista Verde runs Saturday, December 19-Saturday, December 26, 2015. Join us for an all-inclusive Christmas vacation and savor the Colorado winter wonderland at it’s best!