Recently it struck me that we aren’t very good at letting our guests know about the healthy and/or local products that we mix into our offerings at the ranch. We do make an effort to support local businesses as much as possible, and we do continuously look at what we are serving our guests to try to find healthy options for them. So, I sat down to make a list and decided there is no better time than the present to share that list with you.
- The cabin amenities are all locally made by Steamboat Soap Company. Soap, shampoo, conditioner, body wash and lotion. We love this company, and their sister company Ranch Organics!
- All our coffee comes from the Colorado coffee roaster the Steaming Bean.
- Many ranches ship their horse hay in from the cheapest location. We proudly support a fellow ranch family just 10 miles down the road by purchasing from them the 225+ tons of hay that we use to get through the winter.
- Love those eggs? That’s because they are cage free and organic.
- And the dairy products? Yep. Organic (hormone free) milk, butter and yogurts are all out on our buffet.
- The fresh and tasty lettuce and greens are all organic.
- Bacon! It may not be good for you, but at least all our pork product is locally processed heritage breed Berkshire pork.
- Fresh made breads with organically grown wheat flours.
- When in season Colorado peaches, corn and lamb.
- Sustainably sourced, line caught fish and shellfish.
- Of course, we can’t overlook the greens and herbs from Bill’s garden right behind the kitchen!