Our Commitment to Your Privacy
Mail: Vista Verde Guest Ranch
PO Box 770465
Steamboat Springs, CO 80477
Email: Stephanie Wilson at email@example.com
What Data is collected?
Vista Verde is the controller for the personal information we process. On our website, we may ask you for information about yourself, such as (but not limited to):
• Contact details (for example: last name, first name, telephone number, email address)
• Information about you and your family (for example: the date of birth and age of your children; all family member’s height and weight)
• Your arrival and departure dates
• Your preferences and interests (for example: your lodging preference, activity preferences, when you would like to visit)
• Past experience with horses and other activities
• Credit card information
• Your questions, special requests, or comments before, during, or after your stay
• Necessary health information (for example: dietary allergies, dietary restrictions, physical limitations)
• Information collected through cookies*
*Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites your visit. They may collect session information such as your internet protocol (IP) address, the region or general location where your computer or device is accessing the internet, and browser type. Cookies may also collect behavioral information about the use of the Vista Verde website, such as a history of pages viewed. We do not process behavioral information collected by cookies to analyze individual behavior. We only use behavioral information collected by cookies to assess overall site use by all users of Vista Verde’s website.
The Data collected by our website about persons under 16 years of age, before booking, is limited to the individual’s age. We will ask for more specific Data if you decide to book a trip to Vista Verde during the booking process. We ask that you ensure your children do not send us any Data without your consent. If such Data is sent, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange for this Data to be deleted.
We do not deliberately collect sensitive Data, such as race, ethnicity, political opinions, religious and philosophical beliefs, union membership, or details of sexual orientation. We may collect specific health Data during the booking process (such as allergies, medical dietary restrictions, or other relevant health Data) that is necessary to reduce risks to you and your family during your visit to Vista Verde.
How do we collect the Data?
We collect Data from you when you voluntarily fill out forms on our website or voluntarily contact us via email, telephone, or mail. Consent you give for Data processing may be withdrawn by contacting Vista Verde at email@example.com. Our website also automatically gathers some Data, including IP addresses, using cookies.
What is the Data used for?
Begin and complete the booking process: Data you provide us through the “Request a Reservation” page will be used to begin the process of booking your visit to Vista Verde. Any subsequent Data provided to us through email, a reservation form, or phone call will be used to complete your booking. The Data you provide allows us to manage the reservation of rooms, accommodation requests, and your stay at our facility.
Cookies: We use Data gathered by cookies to maintain the functionality of the Vista Verde website and for overall analytical purposes such as how our website is being used and the effectiveness of our website. Individualized behavior is not tracked via cookies, only overall diagnostics and analytics.
We will use your Data if we have your consent, for a legitimate basis, or as required by law.
Our Business Use
We may use the Data we receive or collect about you for internal business purposes such as: to help us improve the content and functionality of our website or our services, to better improve the services we offer, to manage your account, to help improve our security and prevent fraud, to develop new features or services, to provide you with customer service, to comply with all legal obligations and rights, and to generally manage the services and our business.
How long is the Data kept?
We will retain your Data as long as you are registered for our newsletters and email marketing. You may close your account by contacting us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail at the address listed under “Our Commitment to Your Privacy.” You may also unsubscribe using the link in the email sent to you. We keep all Data related to booking for at least 5 years from the last date of contact to Vista Verde. This allows us to ensure that, should you come back to visit us, we have your Data on file and can offer you a hassle-free visit.
We may retain your Data for an additional period of time as required under applicable laws. We will continue to store your Data if required for legal, tax, or regulatory reasons, or for legitimate and lawful business purposes.
How do we protect your Data’s safety?
We take measures to safeguard and protect your Data. When you submit sensitive Data via the website, your Data is protected both online and offline.
Whenever we collect sensitive Data (such as credit card Data), that Data is encrypted and transmitted to us in a secure way. You can verify this by looking for a lock icon in the address bar and looking for “https” at the beginning of the web page’s address (URL).
While we use encryption to protect certain sensitive Data transmitted online, we also protect your Data offline. Only employees who need the Data to perform a specific job (for example: billing or customer service) are granted or permitted access to Data. The computers/servers in which we store personally identifiable Data are kept in a secure environment.
What Are Your Rights?
You have the following rights to your Data:
• Right of access: You have the right to ask us what Data Vista Verde has about you. You also have the right to ask us for copies of your Data
• Right of correction: You have the right to ask us to correct the Data concerning you or ask us to complete information about you that you think is incomplete
• Right of erasure: You have the right to request that Vista Verde erase your Data in certain circumstances
• Right of restriction of processing: You have the right to request that Vista Verde restrict the processing of your information in certain circumstances
• Right of objection to processing: You have the right to object to processing if we are processing your Data for a legitimate interest
• Right to portability: You have the right to ask Vista Verde to transmit Data about you that you have given us (identification and control Data exclusively) in an electronic format (.csv file) to another organization or to you
The exercise of these rights is not absolute, and may be limited for reasons of legitimate interest or legal reasons. You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. We have one month to respond to you.
How Can You Exercise Your Rights?
Right of access, correction, erasure, and portability: Send your requests to customer service by emailing us at email@example.com or giving us a call at 970-879-3858.
Right of data processing limitation or restriction: You can unsubscribe from any of our newsletters or marketing emails by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the newsletter or email addressed to you. Vista Verde then agrees not to send you additional marketing communications.
For any other requests, email firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call at 970-879-3858.
If you are dissatisfied with how we are processing your data, you may make a complaint to the United Kingdom’s Information Commissioner’s Office, https://ico.org.uk/.