Nothing says summertime like S’mores. This summer we have been enjoying a new creation by our chefs that takes the traditional s’mores concept and turns it into a cookie. So, if you don’t have access to an open campfire and long sticks, you can always try out this recipe. Enjoy!
S’mores Cookies (makes 2 dozen cookies)
- 3 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 ½ cups brown sugar
- ¾ tsp salt
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup buttermilk
- 1 tsp molasses
- 1 ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 4 ounces butter, melted and cooled slightly
- 1 ½ cups chocolate chips
- 1 cup, mini marshmallows, left out to stale for 24 hours
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients and set aside.
- In a separate bowl add the buttermilk, molasses, vanilla extract and melted butter.
- Combine the dry ingredients into the wet, when thoroughly mixed (but not over mixed) add the chocolate and marshmallows and mix until just combined.
- Drop by tablespoons on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake on middle rack in the oven for 5 minutes, rotate the pan and finish baking for an additional 5 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool. Enjoy!