One of the most requested recipes from our kitchen is for the Chocolate Truffles. Chef Matt makes these often times to use for pairing with some of the red wines during his weekly wine tasting.
* 2/3 cup heavy cream
* 2 Tbs. honey
* 9 oz. bittersweet chocolate, chopped
* 2 Tbs. liquor of your choice (optional)
* Cocoa powder or powdered sugar for dusting
1. In sauce pan over low heat bring cream and honey to boil.
2. Whilst cream is heating place the chocolate in a food processor. If you do not have one, simply add chocolate to boiling cream and stir until smooth.
3. Once the cream comes to a boil, turn on the food processor and add the cream in a steady stream until chocolate is smooth.
4. Pour into a bowl and refrigerate until set.
5. Line a cookie sheet with wax paper or foil and scoop mixture with a 1″ ice cream scoop or teaspoon. Form ball shapes and chill until firm. 1-2 hours.
6. Roll truffles in cocoa or powdered sugar until well coated, crushed pistachios, pecans or melted chocolate can also be used. Refrigerate for 2 weeks or freeze for 2 months.